Finding a Canister Lid Seal

I'm looking for a canister seal ring. Apparently, it is unusual in the replacement world in that the ring fits as a band around a part of the lid which inserts itself into the canister. I found lots that are horizontally flat or ones which fit like a washer into the lid threads. Mine is vertically flat with a flange (profile is a sideways "T" [-- shape). Lots of canisters are made with this detail. I just can't find a replacement. The size needed is 89mm ID, 95mm OD.

It might help if we knew the brand of the jar (or other object). If you can provide that I'll be happy to help you search!

Without knowing the back history--type of container, make, etc. It is hard to give you a good answer.

I will say, that we have a local hardware store (there is only one left in my neck of the woods) and sometimes if I take odd things to them, they can match it and send me on my way.

If you have a mom and pop shop like that by you, try it and see if they can help. It may not be for its intended purpose, but if the seal fits, the jar can wear it!!

Post back what you learn or more details on the original item!