Finding a Replacement for a Vintage Stuffed Raccoon?

We have been searching for a source to get a similar raccoon. It was given to us around 1986 when we were in Brunei. Our nephew has taken a real liking to it and sleeps with it, but as you can see, it's very worn and on its last legs.

Any help would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

Vintage toy forums are a great source of information and they have a lot of collectors on these types of forums. I would start there because they know where to find things that are hard to find online. Here is a link to the forum I love - www.toycollectornetwork.com/

How sweet! He does look well loved and cherished!

I am very familiar with US plush brands, but those sold in other nations, I am not.

What I can suggest, and I have helped people this way, is to take it to a local toy store or if you have a Hallmark stop or other shop that sells stuffed animals and ask if they recognize it.

When I worked in Hallmark stores in the US, people often did this and we could usually figure it out. If we couldn't, we sent them down the road to the big toy store and they usually knew what the person had.

What I find quite unusual about him is the crochet around the eyes. My first thought when I saw that was he may have been hand crafted because, at least in the US, you don't often see a mix of fabric and crochet like that on a store bought stuffed animal.

I hope you are able to find your nephew an extra one!

Post back with update! Blessings to your kind heart for trying!

I would look on eBay or Etsy for something that looked similar.

Consumer Advice Collectibles ToysOctober 28, 2019
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-a-Replacement-for-a-Vintage-Stuffed-Raccoon.html