Finding a Rice Bed Post

I am looking for a complete single rice bed post. My daughter is set on using set, but it is lacking one post. I have no idea where it went. I am located in mid Missouri, but travel thru southeast Kansas and northeast Oklahoma.

You could contact the manufacturer. If it is an antique, you could have a craftsman make a replacement one.

I do not believe you will be able to find a single rice bed post but you might try placing a 'wanted ad' on local sites like Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, Nextdoor.com and see if anyone has even a full bed for sale.

I did find a site that teaches classes on making/carving these but I could not find a posting later than 2018 so they may not be doing this anymore. They did also make these poster beds so maybe they could help you.
I would say try to contact them to see if they can help you find someone to make a duplicate for you.
Scroll down for contact information on right side.

www.marymaycarving.com/.../

Information about rice beds:

www.hunker.com/.../what-is-a-rice-bed

www.marymaycarving.com/.../

When we lived in a townhouse and broke a wooden turned cut railing and baluster when trying to move a dresser down the steps. UGH.

Then I had a baby doll cradle where the foot-board had broken during a move.

In both cases (I was living in two different places) I used the yellow pages (pre-internet) and found local wood workers who were able to do custom work. It was surprisingly inexpensive for what was done.

I know this kind of bed post is a little more complex than what I needed, but I would think a good wood worker could fix you up easily. They can see the existing posts and get the best idea for stain and shape.

I think it is totally doable.

Post back what you learn.

If you can not find what you are looking for online or through the manufacture of the bed I would contact a wood crafter and have him craft one for you. This shouldn't be too difficult and shouldn't cost you too much to have this one done.

Consumer Advice Product FinderSeptember 13, 2019
🌻
📓
🎂