General AdviceConsumer Advice

Finding the End of a Roll of Plastic Wrap

I buy good plastic wrap. I never buy the cheap stuff. However, even the good stuff, which costs a bit more, can be aggravating to me as heck! It seems inevitable that after I've used it for a while, I lose the end of it and once I do that, I find it very, very frustrating to find the end again. I get so upset about this that I will actually throw it across the room and start crying. I know this sounds silly, but when this happens, it exacerbates my mental illness symptoms. I end up throwing the whole thing out in my distress and there goes $3-4 down the drain! I have 2 rolls of plastic wrap in my freezer that this has happened to and, frankly, I'm afraid to even touch them because this problem will greatly upset me. I try everything to keep the end "in sight," including making sure I pull an extra amount of wrap out so it sticks out of the box a little, to avert this pain, to no avail. What can I do to keep from eventually losing the roll like this?

Please help me, dear friends!

There are little tabs on the sides of the box. This holds the place on the roll. You push the tabs in.

I use a plastic bread tab...the little color thingy that you use to close most store bread bags... on the end of the roll so I always know where it is when I go back to use it. This works for rolls of tape also. The sticky of both the wrap (and if you do it with tape) holds the tab in place! Saves so much aggravation! Prayers! Anxiety is the pits!

I always take my plastic wrap and twist the end when Im done ripping it off. Make sure you do this not to close to the serrated edge. You will never loose the end again.

Jackie H.

Oh my goodness, you guys are BRILLIANT! Fabulous ideas all that I will be sure to try. Your ideas will definitely put a dent in my stress! Hate to throw out the rolls I have in my freezer now, but I think it will be best for me if I just buy a new roll and try these ideas to save myself the stress. Thanks for your prayers and understanding!