Finding the Model Number on a Vintage White Sewing Machine?

I'm trying to find a model number on a White Deluxe sewing machine. It was my mom's and is about 60 years old. Can you help with this? I found a number stamped on the bottom side. It is J-A47 105. I'm a assuming that is a serial number.

Please help.

Best Answer

The model number deals with the serial number on the bottom of the machine. This machine or the company who made the machine bought out Husqvarna-Viking back in 1960. To learn more about this machine the company asks you to go to their website www.husqvarnaviking.com/.../ and click on the Contact Us button. Now they are asking you to send them a contact with the information that is on the bottom of the machine. Tell the customer service rep you want to learn the age of your machine and they will help you right away.

Maybe this link could help: -ourpastimes.com/age-white-sewing-machines-6736629... - You can contact them for model machine you are in search of!

My White machine is in storage so I can't find it to see if I can tell you where it is on mine.

This website has a list of the models. sewingiscool.com/.../

I want to say there was a very thin strip with the number along an edge of the lip of the bottom, but I could be mixing that up with the Singer I used to have.

This site also has a lot of good info on the machines:

pungoliving.home.blog/.../

Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 15, 2020
🐛
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Model-Number-on-a-Vintage-White-Sewing-Machine.html