Finding the Value of Stained Glass Windows

How do I determine the value of my stained glass windows? They are from the early 1950s.

Best Answer

There are many factors such as the condition, the type of paint used, the subject matter and whether there is a protective coating. You would need an appraiser familiar with stained glass to advise you.

Best Answer

If you post this same question on the Internet "Finding the value of stained glass" you will find several links with information on how to determine value.

• I'm not sure you will be able to do this yourself and you may have to ask for help from an antique shop in your area.
  • Some of these windows are valuable so it would probably be worth your time (and money) to investigate before you decide to sell.
  • Ad

• You may want to pay for an official appraisal even if just for insurance proposes.
  • This web site is the only one that I could find that actually specializes in stained glass but the fee starts at $59.