Finding the Value of a Silver Platter

I want to know if this has any value. It is an original 1509 silver platter.

this one is asking $80.96 4myself.ecrater.com. It is polished up, though. Yours is silverplate, not solid silver.

The mark says Chadwick, which was a nice brand that sold almost always to my knowledge, silver plate trays, not sterling.

Sadly where I am, you cannot give these things away an most end up at the scrap yard for a few pennies on the dollar in cash. So sad because most were wedding presents or dearly loved items from when girls had hope chests...hoping to find a mate and live happily ever after.

I can't find this exact one sold....actually, I can't find any that have sold in months.

I see people asking all kinds of crazy dollar amounts for them, but none sell.

There are some artists who make crafts from them. Sometimes they are willing to pay a dollar or two if they are looking for a piece that has the size or shape that fits their art project.

I so wish I had better news for you. Maybe in your town it is different. You could always call around to a few vintage/antique type stores and ask what they sell for you in your neck of the woods. There could be places where people are still willing to pay decent amounts...I know Pittsburgh is not one of them.

Post back what you learn! Thanks for sharing!!