Fixing Salsa With Too Much Vinegar

What can I do about to much strong vinegar taste in my salsa?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Anonymous

Try draining some of the vinegar out and add in some sugar.

Try to drain out some of the vinegar and add in some sugar.

Make more salsa and just do not add vinegar.If you can add a little bit of sugar too combat the vinegar.

Put a pinch of baking soda to neutralize.

Lots of people say to use baking soda but I can then taste the baking soda (that's me). I would suggest pouring off as much vinegar as possible (you can even save the vinegar mixture to use next time) and add any other ingredients that you have on hand to balance it out - keep tasting it till the sour taste is gone. Adding a little sugar may help also.

if you want to try the baking soda just do a pinch at a time and mix well before tasting and until bubbling stops. It may take several times.

I make a lot of salsa here for me. There are two ways that I make salsa for me. One is in the blender where I mix all ingredients together and the other is cut up and put in a bowl.

If you made yours in the blender, you will need to add more tomatoes and onions. You can use green tomatoes this time if you have them. Add a small amount of sugar to start. You might need to add one more chile to the mixture. Also add a bit more salt and pepper.

If you cut up your ingredients and they are mixed in a bowl for chunky salsa you can pour out some of the vinegar that is in your bowl. Add a bit of sugar and a little salt and pepper to start with. Adjust the sugar to your mixture. You don't want to make it too sweet. In this case just add a few more cut up tomatoes to your mixture and 1/2 a chile pepper. This should work for you.

You can also change the taste of your salsa and stop the vinegar taste by adding a papaya to your salsa. Papaya in salsa is excellent and the sweetness of the papaya gets rid of the vinegar taste.

I always add as much of the other ingredients as possible and if there arent any, I add sugar.

Just add a little white sugar. It will cancel the vinegar out some.