Fixing a Shower Door Latch

Category Bathroom
It can be costly to replace an entire shower door just because the latch is broken. This is a guide about fixing a shower door latch.

I have a glass door, the spring loaded latch is on the frame and works. The locking piece is U shaped and is glued to the edge of the glass door. This came off. How do you put it back on? I can glue it on, but it no longer seems to mate and lock when I place it manually.

Answers

I would suggest looking up online and seeing if you can find the manufacturer of this door. Look for replacement parts and buy a new latch to attach to the shower door.

I would try to lock it and then tape it on with duct tape. Once you get the right position you can glue it on manually

The strike plate on the frame where the BBs push in to hold the door closed have worn out the frame so the door does not stay closed. The people that I purchased the home from put a screen door latch on it, but it's not working very well. I can't have a little metal welded because it's aluminum. Does anyone have any ideas?

By Sue from MA

Answers

Glass door? Kinda krinkly? Go to store that sells shower doors. I bought my latch at one of these stores as it was failing to keep door closed at showertime. Mine has 2 screws with a white nylon or plastic catch that clicks. Take a close up picture and show your camera photo to the clerk at the store. They will fix you right up.