Freeze Wine in Ice Cube Trays

I am one of the few people who doesnt like to drink wine, but occasionally cook with it. After they are frozen, I keep them in a plastic bag and I can take out what I need.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like drinking it and only got it to cook with! High five! Love it.

I sure love this idea too!

I do love wine, to drink and cook with too, but my problem is I never finish the bottle, and it goes sour, then it's no good for anything.

Now there's a way to save it - for cooking, this is terrific!

Thank you:)

I use to drink wine occasionally and really enjoyed it. I haven't had any in years, not since they started putting sulphites in it. I use to avoid brands with sulphites. Now it seems to be in all brands. It gives me a headache.

I read somewhere you shouldn't use good wine for cooking. So, I bought a bottle of cooking wine. It was the most foul, saltiest thing I ever tasted. Ruined my dish.

I do like to cook with sherry, but regular, not cooking sherry. You can quickly saute sliced Porto Bello mushrooms on high heat in nothing but a fourth cup medium sherry, a pat of butter and a pinch of salt. In 3 minutes, when the sherry is reduced, you have a delicious side dish for meat.

whatscookingamerica.net/WineInCooking.htm

Cooking with good wine is actually what one would want to do.

The products called *cooking wines* have awful additives that will change the flavor or your sauces or foods.

Using a good Cabernet or Zinfandel in a spaghetti sauce that you're cooking is really delicious, not overpowering, and according to this article link, the sulfites will dissipate in cooking, which in reading this link I just learned that myself *about them dissipating*, because I also am allergic to sulfites, and I always take an antihistamine before I eat particular foods that I know have sulfites in them. Those nasty sulfites though are in lots of foods like pickles and other things too.