FreezingFood and Recipes

Freezing Malanga Coco (Taro)

How can I store excess malanga coco either uncooked or after cooked and mashed? Can I freeze the excess after it is cooked and mashed? Is there a way to freeze malanga coco before it is cooked?

Yes. It needs to be cooked and cooked down. Instructions areessaylead.com/.../ here

Yes, make sure you have really good air tight bags. Make sure when bagging to press access air out.

I have never heard of this vegetable...so I googled it and it sounds like something I would like. I hope someone here has worked with it before and can offer you good storage tips. I am going to follow this post to learn more!

Can you share how you cook and serve it? It sounds like it is served as a side dish--like yams, which I adore.

I will have to see if I can find it when I head over to our big grocery store two towns over. My local grocery won't have it as they only care yams at the holidays and never have anything that is not a Western PA staple food.

Anonymous

You peel it then cut up in pieces to boil. Eat that way served with olive oil on it or smash it with olive oil and garlic like mashed potatoes. It is substitute for mashed potatoes for those that do not want to eat white potatoes that have more starch and are a nightshade vegetable.

Food and Recipes FreezingAugust 12, 2019
📓
🌻
🎂