Freezing Sweet Potatoes?

How do I freeze sweet potatoes?

By MarcyC

Best Answer

We are still eating sweet potatoes I froze last winter. After baking them, I peeled them and wrapped each potato in Glad Cling Wrap and put them in gallon zip lock freezer bags. When we want a sweet potato, I take one or two out and heat them in the microwave. They still taste like they are fresh out of the oven.

Best Answer

I bake my sweet potatoes, cool, then peel. Slice on cookie-sheet and freeze until
hard. I then take the sweet potato slices & put them in a large zip-lock bag and lay it flat. It is then ready to fry, or put in a pan with butter, brown sugar & bake. I then put on mini marshmallow on them until they turn brown. Very good. It you want to mash them, they are easy to do when they are thawed out.

I scrub them under running, cold water... slice them, then put them in, either, a ziploc baggie or a reusable container.

As I use them, at least, several times a week, I don't have to worry about them going bad or getting freezer burnt.

I steam my sweet potatoes because they cook in half the time with the peel on them and don't quite get soft still firm. let cool on counter or rack, put in gallon plastic bags and throw them in the freezer. When I need to cook them I take them out leave frozen microwave till hot and peel and eat. If you wish to fry then you partly thaw them then peel and slice them and fry the rounds till hot.

have had some for 2 years and never had any freezer burn. I have a chest type freezer but if you have a frost free one I suggest that you put them in a paper sack and keep checking after 6 months.

sweet potatoesFreezing

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesSeptember 21, 2011
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Sweet-Potatoes-4.html