Fur Jacket Keepsake Craft Ideas

I am looking for ideas for making keepsakes for myself and 5 sisters from this fur jacket of my mom's.

Best Answer

I have a friend that makes keepsake tech bears out of things like this. It's proly not quite big enough for as many as you will need, but there are many ways to incorporate a garment like this into a keepsake for each person. Some have been mentioned already.. But you can proly find more ideas on pinterest or etsy.

Anonymous

Making keepsake bears is what I really want to do...I do sew but not a lot of experience working with fur....I am told it can be difficult...I will research some tips.... Thankyou

Best Answer

You could use some of the fur to make cuffs for some nice winter gloves there should be enough fur for everyone

Best Answer

Years ago I made ski parkas for me and my husband out of black seal fur coats. My tailor told me to take the coats apart and strengthen the old fur by using a light coating of rubber cement covered with a sheer silk or cotton as a liner on the skin side. Cut to a pre-fitted pattern and hand stich pieces together with a whip stitch (over and over () ).

He suggested cutting the fur to shapes on the slight diagonal. Then when you whip the pieces together, you won't get clumping of the fur on the seams. Make a few practice short seams, maybe 3 inches to practice getting a smooth edge on the seam using scraps. It is a delicate material to work with. The results can be spectacular. Remember: Measure twice; cut once! Wish I had photos to share, but it was 50 years ago.

You could make a purse, you could wrap pieces of fur around a photo frame, or you could bind the edges and glue on lightweight mirrors.

Anonymous

Making cuffs for gloves is a great idea.... Thank you for the idea...definitely one I will consider

I love the idea of the cuffs. You'd also have enough to make little heart pins with the fabric.

Crafts MiscellaneousMarch 23, 2018
🎄