GFCI Bathroom Outlet Not Working Properly

I have a electrical two socket plug in my bathroom. All the plugs in the bathrooms are on a GF breaker switch in the electrical control box. The bottom socket only has developed a strange issue. If I plug a hair dryer all the way into the plug it stops working. If I then pull it out about 1/16 inch it works. I have purchased a brand new hair dryer, but the same issue is there. I have changed out to a new plug, but the issue is still there. So it has to be something in the wiring? Any ideas how to fix?

I would get a new GFCI outlet

Sometimes it's worth the extra money to call in a professional and electricity is one of those times for me. It does sound like you are handy, so if you are confident to keep fussing with things, you can keep trying to replace outlets and check wires. I just worry because we had two houses in our town burn down from diy electrical projects. I am all about safety first! Sorry to be a Debbie downer. Good luck!