Galloping Gourmet Convection Oven Tips and Tricks

Finding manuals or parts for small kitchen appliances is a common necessity; they get misplaced, left out of packaging, or aren't with the appliance if purchased used. This page contains tips and tricks for using a Galloping Gourmet convection oven.

My Galloping Gourmet Oven has a mark on the side for the water level. Do I need water at this level when I use it? Nothing in the manual as to what the water level mark is for.

Answers

Best Answer

No that is not what it is for. I have an oven like this but it is not a Galloping Gourmet Oven it is a bit different. The water level is where you need to fill the glass container with water, add some soap and turn on the oven to the washing cycle. This will act like a dish washer and clean the inside of the oven for you so you do not have to do it. Leave all the stuff for the oven inside this and it will get clean. When it cools off then dump out the water and wash the other stuff off. Your oven is now clean and ready to use again.

Best Answer

This is still a popular convection oven and there are lots of recipes on the Internet.

The Decosonic convection oven is the same as the Galloping Gourmet oven and their manual is clearer and also has some decent recipes. Their manual has clear instructions on what the water line is for.
#1 - never have liquid above that line.
"TO SELF-CLEAN GLASS BOWL: 1. Add 4cm (1 1/2 ") of water and mild detergent. 2. Replace the lid. 3. Set thermostat at "wash" and set timer for 10 minutes. The hot air circulation creates a turbo wash action that removes even baked on residues. The wire rack and other dirty parts may be left in the oven for prewashing during this process. 4. When the timer switches "off", remove the lid and rinse bowl in warm water to remove all soap residue. If the oven is particularly dirty, replace top and switch on for another 2 or 3 minutes. NOTE: Do not fill with liquid above the water line marked on the bowl."

www.squirrelconspiracy.net/decosonic_convection_oven_manual...

www.squirrelconspiracy.net/decosonic_convection_oven_reference...

ThriftyFun also has some information on this oven.

www.thriftyfun.com/Galloping-Gourmet-Convection-Oven...

What is the difference between AX-707 & AX-707A models of the Galloping Gourmet Perfection Aire?

Answers

Best Answer

The difference is AX-707 has 1470 w - and the AX-707A has 1200w. It's more of a power difference when cooking!

Best Answer

These models use the same manual and you cannot tell if one has more attachments than the other because most are used and may not have everything as original boxed.

It does look like power is the only difference and since both models are selling for about the same price (according to condition of unit) most people do not see a difference.

I'm not sure the power would make a lot of difference and they both use the same cookbook and I did not see any indication there was a difference in cooking time.

Still - if you have a choice it would probably be better to get the AK-707 as it has the higher power.

Best Answer

They make 2 models like this for the electricity in people's home. I would check to see the specs in your home to determine if you can run the different watts in your home. Some kitchens do not support the 1470 and will support the 1200.

That is basically the difference with the two cookers. If you live in apartments it is best to get the 1200 but if you have your own home and you have your home wired for the 1470 which draws more electricity then get this one.

Can chicken fry be cooked in a Galloping Gourmet oven, model number 707 and how do I cook it?

Answers

Here is the manual. All instructions and some recipes are included. customwebdesign.tripod.com/perfection_aire_manual.pdf

How do you cook sirloin steak and chicken breasts in a Galloping Gourmet Perfection Aire convection oven, model 707?

Answers

The description on amazon says it sears meat, so the answer is yes.

The manual shows you how to cook each. customwebdesign.tripod.com/perfection_aire_manual.pdf

Anonymous

Thanks

The manual does not have the exact instructions you are looking for but you may be able to adapt what they show to fit your needs.

Can I dehydrate food with the Galloping Gourmet Aire Convection oven?

Answers

I don't think you can it would not turn out.You need a food de-hydrator.

I've done beef jerky and it came out awesome.

I have a Galloping Gourmet Perfection Aire convection oven. How much water should I put in to clean it?

Answers

Here is a link to the instruction manual. customwebdesign.tripod.com/perfection_aire_manual.pdf

From eHow.com:

Clean your oven in the same way that you performed the setup. Never use steel wool or steel scouring pads on any of the surfaces. The glass bowl can be washed on the top rack of the dishwasher, if desired. For heavy cleaning of the machine, fill the glass bowl with water to the marked fill line. Add 2 to 3 drops of dishwashing detergent. Place the lid on the oven and lock in place. Set the thermostat to "wash" and the timer for 10 minutes. When the cleaning is done, allow the unit to cool and then rinse well to remove dish soap residue.

How do I cook cabbage in my Galloping Gourmet?

Answers

Here is the link to the 54-page manual. Download it so that you can make cabbage, and anything else you want. www.momj47.com/.../galloping_gourmet_perfection_aire_manual...

This is a really great appliance and helps you to cook healthy foods. Here are a couple of sites for recipes in addition to the manual.

www.foodnetwork.com/.../recipes

www.cookingchanneltv.com/.../recipes

I need to know how use my Galloping Gourmet dutch oven.

Doris

Answers

Need more information:

Did you buy it brand new or at a garage sale? Look at the unit and find the name of the manufacturer and the model number.

Once you've found the full name of the manufacturer, go to Google and search out the company. When you find their website contact them by telephone with your model number and ask them to send you an instruction manual.

Does anyone remember the Gallopiing Gourmet? I used to love to watch him! He was hilarious!
"A little wine for the recipe, a little for me. A little more for me. Ok a little more for me, then a little for the recipe"
He was almost always loaded to the gills by the time he got done!

Where can I buy a Galloping Gourmet oven model, C 2000? I am interested in the details of the buyer, email address, and the price.

By nayra from Egypt

Answers

Ebay may have it, good luck.

Where can I get a cookbook for a Galloping Gourmet Oven, model #102009?

By Florence B.

I need a cookbook for my perfection air oven. Where can I find one? Thank you.

By Joan

Please let me know how to cook frozen meat in the Perfection-Aire Oven. I have the Model Number C2000 which has cookbook and instruction manual. However, there are no recipes for freezer to Perfection-Aire Oven. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Janet

I need a manual for the Galloping Gourmet Perfection Aire Countertop Convection Oven.

Debbie

Answers:

Manual for Galloping Gourmet Convection Oven

Try www.kitchen.manualsonline.com (12/11/2008)

By Leann

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 4, 2012
🐛
🌻
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Galloping-Gourmet-Convection-Oven-Manuals.html