Gas Stove Takes Forever to Cook

I have a gas stove that takes forever to cook everything. I have one burner that seems to work better. I have to switch everything around to the one burner that gets the hottest to finish cooking each dish.

By Janie P

Burners do get old and need to be replaced. It is not to expensive for an electric stove, but I am really not sure about a gas stove. I think I would google that one to be sure they are not just dirty and need cleaning.

Don't know. My mother bought her stove in 1950 and had it until Hurricane Katrina flooded it in 2005. Never had a problem with any of the burners.

We had the same problem which was caused by an old gas inlet connection at back of the stove and very cheap to have repaired.