Get the Most from Your Lemon

I love a fresh lemon slice in my iced tea but the lemon usually spoils before I can use the whole thing. I'd slice it up and put it in the fridge but, by the end of the week, it's slimy and spoiled. Until I thought of this trick.

I slice them up lay them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze them. Then put them in a plastic freezer bag and put in the freezer. It works great, retains the flavor and helps keep the drink cold!

That's a good idea. Lemon freezes very well. I juice mine and freeze the juice in tablespoon size in ice trays.

I sometimes juice them and other times slice them up and put in the freezer. Washing well before. I also do this with limes and oranges that aren't going to get used before going bad. I like to add to water.

I also zest the lemons and freeze the zest. It is great in baked goods.

In the spring I will buy a Costco sized bag of lemons then zest, cut in chunks and freeze for 'lemony' chunks to mix with ice cubes in a drink.

You can zest them and lay the zest on a plate or pan on the counter for a few days 'stirring' them from time to time as they dry, then store in a mason jar.

A little fresh lemon zest on top of a fresh salad is fabulous!

I used to do that Now, I have an American Fridge Freezer and the ice department has a box at the top icecubes are tipped out in a box below. I slice my Lemons and put them in the icecubes loose Then all I do is take out Lemon and Ice together

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesOctober 22, 2020
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Get-the-Most-from-Your-Lemon.html