Getting Empty Wine Bottles?

I live in the Rochester N.Y. area. Does anyone know where I can get empty wine bottles?

Best Answer

Normally bars and restaurants have tons of these each day that they empty and put in boxes so the recycler can pick them up. I think this would be a lot easier to pick up a few cases from them than go to a recycler and pick up the dirty ones that people have thrown away.

Best Answer

Are you looking for these for crafts?

If so bars and restaurants may give them to you if you can prove it (although even "proof" can be faked so I am not sure the best way to prove how you will use them).

Something I learned not long ago on one through one of my "scam buster" friends is that in many places bars/restaurants/recyclers WILL NOT give empty bottles to people because there is a "hot" scam going around where people go around to bars and restaurants and collect bottles--especially those from higher end booze, then they fill them with cheap wine and liquor (or colored water) and sell them--either online or in an underground sale market.

Google "liquor bottle scam" and you will get an eyeful of how awful people can be.

Some places/people in my town are breaking their empties to prevent this crime.

My best advice to find empties is to ask friends and family.

It is sad when a few bad apples spoil the batch.

Put want ads on Freecycle and Craigslist. You can also check recycling bins the night before pickup.

Try your local restaurants, and bars! Those could be yours just for asking!

I agree with Ana-- restaurants and bars first. You could also go to your local recycle station.

i have seen lots of bottles at salvation army maybe you have some thrift stores near you?

i called my local Olive Garden and asked if I could hsve some empty wine bottles to make crafts with and was told it was illegal for them to give them away. I don't know anyone who drinks so I looked on craigs list in the free items and did not see any. Guess I will have to purchase on ebay.

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 1, 2019
😷
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Empty-Wine-Bottles-1.html