Getting My Hair Back to Its Natural Color

My natural hair color is like a dark dirty blond. I've been dyeing my hair black for about 3 or 4 years now. How can I get back to its natural color or close to it without damaging my hair?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

I would like to suggest just letting it grow out. As your hair grows out it returns to its natural color naturally on it's own. This is also the safest way to return your hair to its natural state without damage.

If you want it done quickly and safely, have a professional use a colour lifter and deep condition.

You would need to go to a professional. When you go from dark to light the dark color must be lifted off first and the lighter color deposited

You basically only have two options to go back to your natural color. First, you can go to a professional and have the remove or lift off the black in your hair now, then apply your natural color to your hair.

Second, you can allow your hair to grow out and let it return to the natural color by itself. You can also try to strip off the black color with a product from the market, but this might not work because the color has been in your hair too long.