Woody and Vining WeedsWeeds

Getting Rid of Briers

I use vinegar, salt and Dawn dish soap to kill weeds. I have these briars that look similar to blackberry plants. They just will not die no matter how much I spray them. They must have kryptonite in them. Any suggestions what I can use to kill them? Round-up didn't kill it either. TIA

It could be a "wild" blackberry plant...bird or other creature "planted" version. They are super hard to get rid of.

The only way I know (and I am far from an expert--someone here may know a less strenuous method) is to keep digging them out, bagging and trashing the "remains". The minute you see new growth, dig it out and trash the remains...but each time dig a little deeper.

It sometimes takes digging it out several times to get all the roots.

Be VERY careful as the briars are sharp....wear waders or high boots, heavy duty gloves, and long sleeves. These are no fun when they turn up in a place you don't want them! Good luck!!

You can try salt. However, the salt will make the soil infertile, and you wont be able to grow anything else there.