Getting Rid of Groundhogs

Will throwing mothballs down the hole chase them out?

By Herb from Highspire, PA

Some people put a lot of faith in mothballs. I don't. The critters either move them or just go around them. I think I would buy a have-a-heart trap. When you have them in the trap take them for a ride about 10 miles and release them. I don't have ground hogs but I do that with other critters on my property. I can't get rid of them completely but I can controll the population. With 290 acres of woods behind my property it is impossible.

Just caught the two under my shed two at once I took lettuce made a small trail into cage making sure to put a huge piece on the part that closes the cage put it out at 11am had them caught by 1 the eat around those hours we took them left them go miles away from my house and anyone else's good luck just remember they sleep at night up all day

Anonymous

Anonymous

Groundhogs will not relocate they will die you might as well just kill him

Put a T-post in the ground tie on a string and something that will bang against the post when the wind blows, like a tin can or pop can- moles and shrews don't like vibrations.

I found that out from an elderly man at a nursing home who used to farm ground all over Bee, Nebraska he was a very successful farmer. he said that when he was a kid his dad gave him a penny for each mole hole he could rid the mole from. Back in the olden days a penny could buy a 3 pieces of candy!

Will putting mothballs under the ramp and deck chase them out