Getting Rid of Head Lice

I have had head lice for months now. I've done all the treatments out there and home remedies too. I don't know what else to do.

Please help.

You may need to go to the doctor to get a prescription. Head lice do become resistant to the treatments. It is a struggle to get rid of sometimes.

old trick worked for me apple cider vinager and coconut oil(cooking kind) put in hair let set with plastic bag covering . they can jump out and on furniture

Poor Thing. When my two daughters had Lice at the same time I was mortified, as Im certain you must be. I used mayonnaise in their hair. When your hair has been freshly washed and dried apply a whole lot of mayonnaise to your hair and scalp then tie any old plastic bag around your scalp/hair to avoid spreading the mayonnaise over clothes and furniture. Keep the mayonnaise on as long as possible, then use a fine tooth lice comb to comb out lice and nits. Mayonnaise works wonderfully for two reasons. It suffocates the lice and helps the nits slid off the strands of hair more easily due to the oils in the mayonnaise. As a bonus it moisturizes the scalp and leaves hair healthier.

After combing hair has been completed wash hair throughly. You will not remove all nits first time but will if you do this treatment about 3 or 4 days in a row. Additionally it is extremely important to make sure you are doing things inside the home to prevent reifestation. Permethrin based bug killers are an excellent start. I use CSI - 82004504 - Permethrin SFR - Termiticide/Insecticide from Amazon to kill any and every bug that walks this earth (thats no joke) It alone will eliminate any bug in or around your home. WARNING....extra precautions are necessary if using this product around cats and fish. Feel free to email me if you have more questions about this product.

old fashioned listerine kills them. 1st, u should cut ur hair to as short as ur willing to cut it to. then soak ur hair & scalp w/it. it's supposed to make it easier to comb out the dead ones & nits. i would also spray on ur hair every day before going to work.

u could also complement that w mayonaise, coconut oil, etc when u get home, leaving it in for an hour(?). then comb everything out w/ur nit comb. i read that u should comb ur hair thoroughly w/the nit comb for 24 days, but the listerine, etc should speed this up. good luck.

Please see a doctor ASAP! You may have some secondary issues going on and a doctor can help get you the right treatment, prevent infection, and re-infestation. If you do not have a doctor, an Urgent Care place may help, but avoid the ER unless you think you have a fever and the bites are infected. Prayers for healing! Post back what the doctor tells you.

EDIT...after help, it should read go to the ER if you you have a fever and think the bites are infected (redness, swelling, oozing). Avoid scratching (which can make things worse).

My apology for the mis-typing :(

vinegar works you can get a headlice prescription and you can vacuume your hair and put a handbag on your head at night and wash all clothing, pillows, blankets, pillow cases.