Getting Rid of Mice

How do I get rid of mice?

By S.D. from Syracuse, NY

Answers:

Getting Rid of Mice

You can set mouse traps or if you don't want to hurt them call an exterminator to catch them. (11/09/2010)

By SammyClaire

Getting Rid of Mice

Mice hate the smell of peppermint. Soak cotton balls in peppermint oil and place where mice have been present. They will high tail it out of there. Hope this helps. (11/09/2010)

By ashleybunkin

Getting Rid of Mice

Honestly, the best thing we've found is Sonic Pest Chaser by Victor. I had a new automobile and when I took it in for it's 5,000 mile checkup the mechanic came back to me and showed me where mice had built a nest in the fresh air filter area. I didn't want to kill anything that I might now be able to reach to clear out. By this time I was seeing droppings inside my passenger compartment. So I asked a guy at our local hardware store and he told me about these. I plugged one into an outdoor extension cord and my problems were solved. The first plug lasted over a year and was still working, but I changed it out, just in case. I live in the middle of the woods out in the country. If these work where I live, I'm impressed. (11/11/2010)

By Gypsy Swan

Getting Rid of Mice

You can try a hundred things, but until you plug the hole where they are getting in, you will always have another one. (11/11/2010)

By WeeWillie

Getting Rid of Mice

Get a cat. (11/11/2010)

By louel53

Getting Rid of Mice

Do you have pets such as cats or dogs that live with you? Or small children? If not, you can use Dcon. They eat it and they can't burp it up so they die, but you don't want a dog, cat, or child to get into it because it can be just as poisonous to them. I only recommend this if you have only adults in the home that know enough to leave it alone. (11/12/2010)

By tanyamichalski

Getting Rid of Mice

Set a mouse trap with peanut butter (which mice love) under the kitchen sink. I have heard that once you catch a mouse with a trap and try to re-use it, mice can smell the dead mouse and it is almost impossible to catch a second one. Mouse traps are cheap, so when you catch a mouse, throw the trap away with the mouse, then set a new one.

With mouse poison, the mice sometimes go to the center of a room and die on the floor, not a fun thing to step on. That is one of several reasons that I recommend mouse traps instead of poison. (11/14/2010)

By Anonymous

Getting Rid of Mice

We had a bad mouse problem at our business and after many traps and poison (a lot of smell from dead ones in the ceiling) we put wintergreen alcohol in a sprayer bottle and sprayed all through the ceiling and finally they left. We also used an ozone machine for the odor. It worked miracles! (11/24/2010)

By Lyn