Getting Rid of No See Ums

This question is for the person who suggests turning the thermostat down to 62 degrees to kill the no see ums. I have been suffering so much from bites in my house for the past 2 months. Like you, I have tried everything - except bombing. I have a forest filled with oak trees behind my house, which I understand makes it worse.

Why does the cold temperature kill the bugs? Does it kill the eggs also? Does it kill the no see ums that might be on your clothing, bedding, etc.? How do you prevent more from coming inside your house?

I will try this method today. I'll give you feedback as to whether it works for me. Unfortunately I live in Florida where there isn't a freeze during the winter. Thank you so much. If anyone else has suggestions or feedback, please add to this discussion.

In answer to your specific questions about cold and no seeums:
**The insects only lay eggs outside in moist soil, a garden or surrounding vegetation, so a cold house will not affect the eggs.
**No seeums are very small so can crawl through most window and door screening used in homes. You can replace regular screening with very fine screens which will prevent ingress through windows, doors, etc.

However, they can fly with you or on you through doors into your house.
**They are most active in the evening so avoid all outside areas in the evenings. Even just quickly opening/closing doors will bring them inside.
**You can bring them inside your house on your clothes so effective and frequent outside bug bombs will help.
**A cold house may slow them down but they revive quickly.