Giving Yourself a Perm

How do I give myself a home perm?

By Jo

To begin with besides buying the perm kit, you will have to buy special curler rods, yo will need at least two different sizes. I haven't done my own perms for about 30-40 years. Other than that you follow the directions in the box that the perm solutions come in. I might be wrong, but I don't think you will be real satisfied with the outcome.

When I did mine, it was back in the day where the women that wanted curly hair slept in curlers every night or ran around home with them in several hours of the day. This was after we home permed our hair, because using regular hair rollers on a daily basis made the permed hair look better. You might have better luck if you are real good at doing the rollers while you put the perm in but most women don't have real good luck with home perms.