Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins
Being on a gluten free diet does impose some notable restrictions on your menu. These muffins will satisfy your breakfast tastes. This page contains gluten free breakfast muffins.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A muffin, and a plate of breakfast, all in one - portable and easy.
You can adjust the ingredients and serving size, just don't forget to adjust the cooking time as needed.
Total Time: about 45 minutes
Yield: 6 popover size
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 12 bacon strips
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place 2 pieces of bacon in each popover tin, crossing them across the bottom and leaving the ends outside the tin for now.
- Mix everything but the shredded cheese; you can use a wire whisk or a mixer.
- Add an equal amount of the mix to each tin.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each to your liking. Then lay the ends of the bacon across it all.
- Bake them for 30 minutes or so; I used a toothpick to test for doneness, it came out clean. The tops will be golden and the bacon brown; the lower part is like scrambled eggs and the top like a mini muffin.
These can be refrigerated or frozen then microwaved as needed. A popover tin has 6 tall, deep, tapered cups, you can switch out for a regular muffin or cupcake tin, just adjust your ingredient ratios and cooking time accordingly.
March 5, 20130 found this helpful
This sounds delicious. As soon as I get some bacon, I'm going to try it. I'll let you know how mine turns out.
March 15, 20130 found this helpful
I tried this recipe and it had a good taste but it was too greasy. I know that the Bisquick needs some oil in it but next time I make it, I'm going to precook the bacon enough to get some of the grease out and then put it together for baking.
I think it will work much better that way. I actually used 8 slices of bacon and baked it in a Pyrex loaf size dish.