Gnats Coming Into the House Through Screens

What can I spray or rub on the screen to keeps these gnats from coming into my bedroom?! I don't want a trap that lures them in and then kills them, I want something that repels and keeps them off my screens and out of my room. Please help.

By Nicole S.

Best Answer

I put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and spray the windows. The spray will kill the knats almost instantly. Using something like this can be an attaction to children so its best to store it where they can't get it. It looks like water in the spray bottle. Also this doesn't get to the root of the knat problem. My mom poured bleach down her drains when knats got in the house.

I went to Walmart and bought bridal tulle at 97 cents/yard. I taped it over the screens and even made a curtain with a cheap curtain rod for my doorway.

The holes are small enough that the gnats can't get through. I used a bronze color and it is really nice.

You could spray the screen thoroughly with Raid bug spray, and then repeat after a few days. I'll bet that will keep them away. Good luck!

Cut a lemon in half and stick a bunch of cloves into it and place them on opposite sides of your bedroom