Hair Damaged After a Perm

I just went to a beauty school to get a "loose perm" and I showed them a picture of what I wanted. They said the curls would be a tiny bit tighter than those, but they would loosen up after 2 or 3 washes. So I said okay. And they did it and once it was done it looked horrible. It was all matted up and my blonde streaks looked horribly damaged. I attempted to brush it out a tad bit and it just got even more frizzy.

When I got home I decided to wash it out and it looks fine when it's wet, but once it dried the curls go away and my hair is left as a frizzy mess. I don't know what to do. The perm didn't even turn out at first and my hair is beyond damaged. I pretty much paid $40 for damaged hair that makes me look like a poodle. What can I do to make my hair healthier?

By kasey Okstad

Best Answer

You should return to the school, ask to speak with a supervisor or trainer, describe your problem (and include the picture) and request they improve your hair's current condition to it's former state.

Then, if you prefer, they should provide a new perm with good results.