Hand Quilled Harvest Picture Frame
Using a quilling tool you can create unique and interesting shapes to decorate a picture frame. This page is about making a hand quilled harvest frame.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is relatively a simple quilling project. A 3x5 inch brown mat frame is embellished with beautiful quill work. Quill a flower with leaves and "V" scrolls, and a pumpkin in the grass. This can be put in a picture frame with your Pumpkin Patch picture, or in a scrapbook. This holds a 3x5 inch photograph.
Approximate Time: forty-five minutes
- 1 3x5 inch matt frame
- 5 - 6 inch yellow quilling strips
- 1 - 3 inch green/gray quilling strip
- 6 - 6 inch green quilling strips
- 2 - 3 inch green quilling strips
- 1 - 2 inch green quilling strip
- 1 - 1 inch green quilling strip
- 1 - 6 inch orange quilling strip
- slotted quilling tool or needle
Use your slotted quilling tool or needle to create shapes.
For the Flower:
- Create six yellow teardrop shapes. Refer to the picture and glue these together to form a flower. Create a green/gray tight coil and glue to the middle of the flower.
- From two 6 inch green quilling strips create two "V" coil shapes. Glue the bottom together up to 1/2 inch to form a stem. Glue these into flower referring to picture for placement.
- From two 6 inch green quilling strips create two leaf shapes and glue to the "V" shapes.
For the Pumpkin:
- From the 6 inch orange quilling strip create a loose coil. Set aside. From a 3 inch green quilling strip create a rectangular shape to represent the pumpkin stem. Glue to the pumpkin.
- From a 6 inch green quilling strip, create a "V" shape and glue the bottom together up to 1/2 inch. Glue to pumpkin next to stem. Refer to picture for placement.
- From a 3 inch green quilling strip, create a scroll shape and glue to the bottom of the "V" shape. (Again, refer to picture for placement if needed.)
For the Grass:
- From a 2 inch green quilling strip and a separate 1 inch green quilling strip, create irregular fan folds. Slightly open to represent grass.
- Glue all created pieces to the mat. Refer to the picture for placement. This mat holds a 3x5 inch photograph.
By Marianne from Monroe, IA
November 2, 20100 found this helpful
Wow! That's really neat and pretty!