In Memory of Hayley (Jack Russell Terrier)

Category Pet Pages
Hayley's owner shared her story over the course of years, including her passing. This page contains multiple pet submissions about Hayley (Jack Russell Terrier).

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I lost my Hayley Girl 11/30/2010, and I'm still missing her! She had been fine at Thanksgiving and five days later, I lost her. We had been for a long walk just the day before, which she so loved, and had missed, since my Mother has been so sick.

A friend called to check on my Mother, and I told her I had to quickly take Hayley to the Vet. She said, "I'm going with you"; neither of us knowing we weren't bringing her home." She had been so healthy, and no symptoms until the very end. She had a large tumor on her spleen, and was bleeding internally. My friend and I were both in shock!

I had to make a quick decision, and a very hard one. The Vet said, "Even if she made it through surgery, she may have 6 weeks to live." My friend and I prayed and prayed, and cried and cried. Finally, I knew God had made the decision that was best. I couldn't stand to see her in pain; nor take the chance of doing surgery, and her still suffering or no quality life. It was a hard decision, but I had to let my Hayley Girl go.

I'm still grieving and miss her every, every, every day. She would have been 14 on Feb 27, 2011. I thank God for having her for almost 14 years, but I still so hurt for her unconditional love. What a doll she was! Thanks for listening. I have tears stream down my face. There will never been another Hayley. I miss you girl, and all your love, kisses and especially the love you had for me. You understood me and were so in-tuned to me that you just knew the right thing to do to make Mommy smile. I love you and there will always be a place in my heart for you. xxoo

Source: In Memory of My Hayley Girl 02/27/1997-11/30/2010

By Judy from Collierville, TN

A dog with a card and present.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 30

Hayley is a Jack Russell and will be 13 years old on 2/27/10. I got my Hayley for my 50th b'day. My son came home from college and that was my gift!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Hayley is 10 years old today, February 27, 2007. She is a Jack Russell Terrier. My son gave me Hayley for my birthday in April, 1997. I had to put my Sheltie (Lady) down whom was 12 yrs old, and said I wasn't going to have another dog. Since, I'm a people person; everyone suggested that I get over losing my Lady, and get a Jack Russell. So, glad I did. She is fantastic, and so much fun and company!

Hayley loves to walk, walk, walk in any kind of weather. When she sees me put on my walking shoes, she goes for her leash. She also likes to play with her toys, and for me to interact. But most of all she loves to cuddle. And when it's time for bed; she gets under the covers, and has to be touching me at all times. She also is my alarm clock, and paws at me to awaken me.

Hayley was named after the the Halle Bopp Comet of 1997. We thought this was a very appropriate name for her, considering the time of her birth. Her nickname by many people is "Comet."

By Judy from Collierville, TN

Answers:

Happy Birthday Hayley (Jack Russell Terrier)

Happy 10th Birthday to Hayley! She's a darling little girl and I wish her, and you, many more happy birthdays together. Give her a big hug and kiss for me. (02/27/2007)

By Pat Giles

Thanks for your sweet feedback. Hayley will be glad to know that she's getting an "extra" hug and kiss from you to celebrate her birthday.

Hayley's Mom (02/27/2007)

By Judy

Happy Birthday Hayley. I know how much you mean to your mommie and how much a joy you are to her. We love our 'babies'!

Tery O.
(02/28/2007)

Tery O.

Just about the prettiest Jack I have ever seen. Have fun chasing squirrels. (02/28/2007)

By Linda

Happy Birthday Hayley Lynn! We love you! You are too cute of a dog even at your growing age of 10!

I'll always know when Hayley was born and given to you (Judy), because that's the day your wonderful son, Wade, came into my life, my sweet, sweet husband now and forever! love, (02/28/2007)

By Wade, Marsha, and Walker

I also have a Jack Russell who will be 9 years old on March 29th. I have had dogs all my life but never one that is so devoted as this one. The first year he was so active I thought I would go nuts but he has turned out to be the best dog I have ever had. I absolutely adore him and he sleeps with me every night. He has definitely filled my empty nest syndrome. (03/12/2007)

By mawmawto4

Hayley just turned 12, and still going strong! I'm a happy Mommy. We celebrated HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYELY 2/27/09... (03/02/2009)

By Judy

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Hayley! I have had other dogs and they are ALL wonderful but there is just something about a Jack Russell! I am having so much fun with our two Jack Mixes and they keep my other doggy (maybe a whippet/Sheppard mix) on her toes and keep her going! Give Hayley a belated birthday hug from her friends: Sadie, Gracie and Tessie! (06/07/2009)

By Kim

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes