Healthy Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Loaf
This uses whole wheat flour, oats ground to flour, coconut oil and very little sugar. I omitted the topping to save further on calories. It is delicious without it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Yield: I loaf
- Crumble Topping
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp dry oats (I used Old Fashioned)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dry oats, ground into oat flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (can sub white-wheat or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups diced, peeled apples (about 2 large apples)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the crumble topping, if using.
- Use a food processor to grind the oats into flour.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oat flour baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and brown sugar. Fold in the apples.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Add topping if using.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.