Healthy Banana Pancakes
I have been cooking a lot during the quarantine, and I am also freezing a lot in anticipation of going back to work. This recipe makes 20 pancakes, so I will have breakfast for busy workday mornings. This uses flaxseed, which keeps you full all morning.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 20 pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- syrup and fruit for serving (optional)
- In one bowl, whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, ground flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork. Whisk in the eggs and maple syrup until smooth, then whisk in the milk.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the griddle. When the pancakes start to bubble on top, flip them over and cook until the pancakes are cooked all the way through.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!