Help With Antique Chair Identification?

I recently inherited this chair andwWould like to know more about the history/ manufacturer since the sticker is halfway removed. Also, I would like to know what it's worth. Thanks! (:

It is hard to read the sticker. Im wondering if it was manufactured in Baltimore. If you could contact an antiques dealer in Baltimore, perhaps he or she could identify it.

Anonymous

Is it a Thonet chair?

The maker is most likely Hartwig & Kemper. Here is a PDF with some examples of chairs--for some reason, I had trouble scrolling through it, so hopefully you won't www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web...

Here is some info about the company: antiquesqa.blogspot.com/.../leave-it-to-romans.html

If so, most chairs from this brand as a group would sell for more than a single chair.

Where I am, they sell at about $10-$20 each; however, if you found a person who was trying to replace a broken chair from their set, they may pay much more.

I always start selling prices high and take best offer--so start at $250 and see if there is interest and drop the price if asked or daily until it sells, knowing you may fetch as little as $10.

Post back how your sale goes!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Used FurnitureApril 15, 2021
🐛
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Help-With-Antique-Chair-Identification.html