Home Repair Assistance for Low Income Homeowners

The bathtub cracked in my bathroom. I have tried to repair it, but it won't hold. I don't have any money to buy a new tub and the floor needs replacing now. I got injured very badly and lost my job after my leave time ran out. So I am on disability and I don't get enough to pay some one to fix it. Where could I get help to get it fixed?


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

August 10, 20180 found this helpful

Try HUD.org or Habitat for Humanity. Churches can help, too.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 10, 20180 found this helpful

So sorry to hear of your troubles. Don't give up hope and ask everyone you know for suggestions.

I have three suggestions:

1. Do you belong to a religious organization (church, synagogue, mosque etc.)? Some have discretionary funds that are used to help parishioners in need. It is all very private and no one needs to know. Depending on how they work, they may pay someone from the organization for the labor if you buy supplies, or vise versa or they may help with everything.

2. Since you have a computer and are posting here, have you considered setting up a Go Fund Me or like crowd sourcing pages?
They are fairly easy to do, you tell your story and ask for help.


I know from first hand experience they work if you work to get the message out there.

3. Depending your town, there may be other resources. If you put a search into google like this (your town or city) + free home repairs + disabled you may get some hits. I am in PA and there are a lot of programs...but sadly I know from experience many have LONG wait lists.

Review the programs carefully to be sure to weed out scams. If you can't tell a real program from a scam program, you may want to call your local state senator....I found mine in Google by putting in the term STATE SENATOR + (my city--yours in the search). My guy is right down the street and his staff was VERY helpful!

Good luck! Prayers all around!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 11, 20180 found this helpful

You may be able to get help much faster if you try applying to a local agency as full service help agencies like HUD receive so many requests that it is difficult for them to move very fast.


  • Habitat for Humanity may have an office in your city and they do help with a lot of repairs like this.
  • Try contacting them and see what they can do.
  • www.habitat.org/.../find-your-local-habitat
  • If they are not able to help then try your local area with Google your zip - assistance with house repairs low income family.
  • There should be several places to apply but if you are on the Food Stamp program or Medicaid then the application should be easy.
  • This will be an expensive repair so I do not believe your local churches will be able to help you.
Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 11, 20180 found this helpful

local housing authorities or organization that offers grants or assistance for homeowners struggling can be good to apply for

just google "housing assistance + repairs + (the place where you live)"

also you can look at doing a facebook fundraiser, nw they are quite the thing


it would to find out the exact amount it would take to make the repairs before you ask for any kind of funds (IE here www.remodelrepairreplace.com/.../)

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomAugust 10, 2018
Christmas Ideas!
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2018/12/18 14:21:02 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!