Vote for this contest contender!
Batchoy is a noodle soup made of pork meat topped with pork cracklings and egg. This is best served during winter season, and usually served as afternoon snack.
- 100 g pork meat (fat separated)
- 1 cup carrot strips
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage
- 250 g Japanese ramen
- 1/2 cup onion springs
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- pork broth seasoning
- Simmer pork in 400 ml water with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- When water reduces and oil from fat comes out add a teaspoon of oil. Fry until crisp and crunchy. Set aside.
- Sauté pork meat.
- Add carrots and pork seasoning.
- Add 4 cups of water and wait until it simmers.
- Add in the noodles. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Next add the Chinese cabbage and continue to simmer until cabbage is cooked.
- Serve in a bowl topped with pork crackling, egg and spring onions.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!