Homemade Cat Treat Recipes

Making your own cat treats can be satisfying and your kitties will love you even more. This page contains homemade cat treat recipes.

1 cup tuna in oil, dash of parsley, some wheat germ, and corn flake crumbs. I just "eyeball" the amount so the tuna sticks together in small meatballs.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, then at 200 degrees for 5 minutes. The cat bats around the meatballs awhile before nibbling on it, but does not make a mess.

Source: Good Housekeeping Magazine

By gayle from Rochester, NY

I buy chicken livers and separate them into ice cube trays. Then I will slip the whole tray in an old bread bag (turned inside out so I know what it is.) I will remove and defrost one about once a week, then give it as a treat to my very enthusiastic, finnicky cat, especially in the winter when she gets bored.

She adores it and it's a good source of vitamin A, which is better (and less expensive) for her then store bought cat treats.

If you don't like to feed your cat raw, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds at a time until it's lightly cooked, then cool a bit and serve.

Liver isn't a substitute as an entire balanced cat food and feeding it exclusively or in abundance of course isn't advised. Just like people snacks, a little taste treat is better, which is why I separate and freeze it!

Tasty tuna puff treats for cats.

cat stealing food from a canister

Makes approximately 60 treats.

I recently posted some recipes for dog treats - possible Christmas gifts for man's best friend. If your best friend happens to be a feline, however, you may want to make him or her the following:

Fishy treats for your furry little friend.

cat eating a treat

Crunchy treats for your cat.

Does anyone have a recipe for cat treats? I have to give one of my cats a pill every day and the purchased treats for this purpose are expensive.

By nancy mckendrick from east Detroit, MI

Answers

I use canned tuna; usually 5 cans for $4.00 and a can goes a long way. Make sure the pill soaks up some of the juice, so it tastes and smells like tuna. Usually half a teaspoon at a time is enough.

When I have to give one of my cats a pill, I grind the pill up and put it in canned food. At one time I had to do this so often I actually bought a mortar and pestle, but you can to it with the bottom of a glass.

I do have a recipe for cat treats at home, but they weren't that crazy about it. If you still want it, let me know and I will look it up.

I got tired of buying Temptations cat treats at $3 each. I decided to try to trick my cats by saving the empty bags and fill them up with The Goodlife Recipe cat food. Cats love it, but not for a steady diet. Feed them healthier cat food and a treat once or twice per day.

I bought a 16 lbs bag of this stuff for $14, and got a 5 gal bucket with a lid. This stuff will stay fresh for a long time. By doing this, I am spending about 2-3 per month instead of $3 per day or two for a bag of temptations for my 6 cats. Problem solved!

Does anyone have a recipe to make cat treats? I have 4 cats and would love to make them some homemade treats. Thank you.

By Connie P. from Vandalia, OH

Answers

This may not be what you had in mind, but I grow catnip and wheat grass for my cat and he LOVES both. The cheapest way is to buy seeds at a nursery or walmart and grow your own, otherwise you'll pay $3-5 per plant.

Seeds are usually $1-2 and you can grow a lot! Give it a try.

Pets Cats Cat Food RecipesMarch 14, 2013
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Cat-Treat-Recipes.html