Housewarming Gift Bag from Recycled Food Package

Before tossing out your cardboard box, see if it's worth keeping! I was able to transform this waffle box into a gift bag. It was a perfect fit for the mug I purchased for my friend to give to her as a small gift for her new place!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 gift bag

1. I broke down the cardboard box and flattened it.
  2. Measure out and determine where to cut your slits for the handles (on both sides, total of 4). Then, also fold the flaps inside and make sure you cut slits through them too!
  3. Using any magazine, clip pages related to the theme of your bag. (I cut out floral, home, organization, etc.)
  4. Glue magazine clippings on the box flaps (as a nice accent) this is optional, but I wanted the bag to be more personalized so thought this would be a nice touch! Afterwards, cut off any excess magazine.
  5. Using scrapbook paper, measure out a piece to fit the bag (all around). I also measured out the slits and cut it then glued it down.
  6. Measure ribbon equally and cut two strands. (Length depends on how long you want your handles to be.)
  7. Slide ribbon through the slit. I used the X-Acto knife to help insert the ribbon through and then secured with a knot. Repeat all around.
  8. Ready to place your gift in, add tissue paper if you have some and the gift is ready to be given! :) You have yourself a sturdy, customized homemade gift bag!

Crafts Gifts Gift BagsDecember 30, 2019
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Housewarming-Gift-Bag-from-Recycled-Food-Package.html