How Can I Stop Biting My Nails?

I have been biting my nails for years, and I just don't know how to stop. Is there any way I can grow them naturally without being tempted to bite them?

Best Answer

I stopped biting my nails because I got an infection and had to get it squeezed professionally at the doctors. It hurt so bad (the infection) and that made me stop. You can watch YouTube videos and it'll make you cringe to stop!

I also bit my nails. When my sister got engaged, my mother said no one would spend money on a ring for me because my hands looked terrible. It worked. My advice to you is to set your eyes on a pretty ring and reward yourself when you stop biting your nails.

Use mavala you apply on your nails it tastes bitter and reminds you not to chew your nails.Here is the link to buy it www.nailpolishcanada.com/.../stop-nail-biting-10ml-by-mavala.html...

I had a really good job with a state police, doing fingerprint analysis. I got blood on a 50 year old master ten-print card and had to cover it with tape. I was told stop this or we will have to have you wear gloves. That did it for me. Sometimes the reward of not doing something is worth more than the fear of doing it. I hope that helps.

PS: Something that tastes bad, like suggested, sometimes does a great job. For a while when I was a kid, they used bitter almond extract.

Take up a hobby like crochet or cross stitching. Worked for me and i had been biting my nails for over 50 years!

Maybe if you try hard enough, you can let one or two nails grow some. Then when you see how nice they look, it will help make you stop biting your nails. I know, it's a tough habit to break.