Stopping Nail Biting Habit

I am a teenager and I have been a nail biter for about 9 years now and it's terrible. I just can't stop no matter what I do. I have not tried any special nail polish yet (because I haven't been able to find any). My fingers are so gross as well as the skin just over top the base of the nail. I need a solution to stop. I am so self conscious about my nails. I don't want people to see them so I try to pull my hoodie over my hands. Please help me.

I stopped when my sister got engaged. I wanted a pretty ring like hers. That was my motivation. You have to find something that will motivate you to have attractive hands.

Do you have a smartphone? There are many motivational apps out there (many for free, some for 99 cents) that help with this sort of thing. I've been using one for anxiety and insomnia and it's been a life saver. There are even ones targeted at nail biting like Stop Bite.

There are a lot of nail biting polishes (some people call these nibble inhibitors) available from Wall-Mart type stores, drug stores (ask a pharmacist if you need help) that are especially designed to help people break the habit of biting their nails. These work by placing a very bitter taste when you touch your nail to your mouth.

Placing band-aids over the nails during the day is also a good deterrent. Remove at night and reapply in the morning or after a shower.

You are not alone with a habit like this but there are probably trigger points that cause you to continue to do this so maybe you could try to keep track of what was going on when this happens (many times you may not even be aware you are biting your nails).

Here is a link that might shed more light on how to stop:

http://www.top1  nail-biting.html

I stopped bitting my nails after watching nail infections on YouTube. It got me scared and I never bit my nails again.

Fake nails (gel, at a nail salon) are really hard to chew through. Why not give it a try? They'll not only help you break the habit but also give you a good idea how pretty your hands could be when your own nails have a chance to grow.

Plain rubbing alcohol tastes terrible, is cheap and should help. You can even get alcohol swabs, the kind used by people injecting insulin to wipe of nails after you wash ur hands

I had a really bad nail biting problem. I would bite them to the point they would bleed. I stopped biting them by buying the press on nails, then when I would go to bite them I couldn't anymore. After several packages of press ons it stopped my biting habit. Hope this helps, good luck.

Close up of woman's teeth biting her finger nails
Preventing Fingernail Biting
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsMarch 20, 2017
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 21, 2017 at 11:07:00 PM on 10.0.2.164 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.