How do I get Survivor Benefits?

How do I get survivor benefits in Tuscon, Arizona, if my husband passed away in New Mexico?

By Mya


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

December 6, 20170 found this helpful

The location has nothing to do with it. You need to make an appointment with social security. He had to have paid into it, and you have to be of a certain age. You will need a certified copy of his death certificate, his social security number, your social security card, and a copy of your marriage license. You will take those items to the appointment.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 7, 20170 found this helpful

Social Security is a federal program. It doesn't matter where you live; the laws are the same. Make an appointment and go in with your marriage certificate, birth certificate and his death certificate.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal General AdviceOctober 30, 2014
Christmas Ideas!
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2018/12/08 07:16:01 in 730 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!