How to Make a Plant Terrarium
Here are my step by step instructions on how to make a plant terrarium with no drainage. Plant terrariums with no drainage require little maintenance - you only need to water every 2 to 3 weeks, or when needed.
- Use cardboard box to contain soil, succulents.
- Use old art for scrap paper.
- Use rocks found while hiking for decoration.
- Use soil mixed with pumice and perlite (pumice for absorbing water no drainage and charcoal as purifier).
- Cheap decorations rocks can be found at Dollar Tree for just a $1. (I purchased the white rocks there.)
Total Time: 1 hour
- decorative rocks
- assorted rocks
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- plastic cup
- Using scissors, cut the base of a plastic cup to fit your terrarium.
- Cup height/size will vary depending on your plant terrarium and preference.
- Optional - I did not want the red cup to show, so I painted the cups with white acrylic paint and allowed to dry overnight.
- Add charcoal rocks, assorted rocks, and soil mixed with pumice and perlite into the plastic cup.
- You are ready to make your plant assortment.
- Place plant assortment into the terrarium.
- Now you are ready to decorate your terrarium. Tip: Use chopsticks to help arrange plant/rocks to your liking.
- To finish off, add your choice of decorative rocks, or any rocks you would like to add.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!