StylingHair Tips

Ideas for Hair Styles for Prom

My daughter wants her hair put up for the homecoming dance tonight and I can't afford to take her to the salon. I'm a klutz with hair, but I'm going to give it a try myself. Any tips or tricks for me?

By ICUnurse from Wake Forest, NC

Pull it up into a high pony tail, then make big, loopy looking curls and pin them into place with bobby pins, making sure to hide the pins in her hair. You will also have to make sure to have a quite large supply of the bobby pins on hand. You could also take a curing iron and taking small strands of hair curl them and then loosely pinning them with the bobby pins into loose curls. Your might have to re-do it a few times until it looks satisfactory. Bur from now until prom time, which should be 6-7 months maybe your daughter could get a part time job and save money to have this done at a beauty shop. If there is a beauty school near where you live, their fancy hair dos are about $30.00. I should add that is the price where I live. Does your daughter have a good friend that they could do each other's hair?

Try a high pony tail, braid it, and weave coloured ribbons through the braid.