Identifying Antique Hand Painted China Set?

I have a complete (new) set of this china. It was a wedding gift to my grandparents (early 1900s). Any information (manufacturer, value, etc.) would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I found 1 piece (platter) on etsy for $20 called Warranted Royal 22 k china. -www.etsy.com/.../warranted-22-kt-gold-royal-china...?

The one that is listed on Esty is not the china you have here and it is not from the same company at all. The company that made this one is called Star Quality and I am not finding anything at all about this company online. I see that each of the plates is 22K gold that was used to paint the design on each of these plates. The best I can do is share a few links with you to help you narrow down your search and sites that you can post on to help you find out more about this company.

Considering there is nothing listed online about this company the only hope you'll have is posting on one of these sites and hopefully, a person will have some more information from a book that has not yet been posted online.

www.retrowaste.com/.../

antiques.lovetoknow.com/Identify_Antique_China_Patterns

www.thesprucecrafts.com/verify-bone-china-1908319

I believe this set is a 'knockoff' of the then popular brand named 'Royal China' and was probably sold for a lot less money. These sets were sold in 'dime' stores like Kress and Woolworths and usually are not of very high quality.
You 'll see the 'rough' quality on the bottom and fine china - such as Royal - will be a lot smoother.
This does not mean they are 'worthless' but it just means they are a 'copy' of another brand and will not necessarily have a brand name.

This china could have been made anywhere in the US and the 22 K Gold will be a very thin layer (almost all 'gold' on china and pottery is very thin and has no value to dealers who buy items to remove the gold).

If you look at the markings on Royal china you will see some of the similarity with your markings. There are different markings on Royal but you'll be able to see the 'hand painted, warranted' but your set is not high quality markings (compared to the markings on Royal) and Royal also has a symbol on their dishes.

www.ebay.com/.../bn_7023243641

Replacements has a lot of the Royal china but does not seem to have your dishes but maybe they can tell if they have it under some 'name' or maybe they can tell you something about your set.

You can contact them and ask for help identifying your set and also ask if they are interested in buying it.

www.replacements.com/contact-us.htm

You can also ask for an appraisal on this site.

instappraisal.com/

All of the above information is just my opinion and it's possible I am completely wrong so be sure to check all of this for yourself.

Hopefully, other members will add their information.

Consumer Advice Collectibles ChinaJuly 25, 2020
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Antique-Hand-Painted-China-Set.html

ChinaCollectibles