Identifying Black Insects Inside

One day all of sudden I found 4 to 5 small black insects in my room. The same day I cleaned each and every corner of my room, every piece of furniture. But the next day I again found 4 of these insects in my room. They are slow and climb the walls.

Best Answer

They look like a small house beetle that come inside for the winter to get out of the cold. If they still sell house bombs, I'd set off a few of them in your home and leave for a few hours. That should do the trick.

Anonymous

Those beatle looking things do bite

Best Answer

Killing a few will help, but you need to find where they are coming in. If you have access to the basement, it might be time to seal the floor edges where they meet the wall.

And check the windows, as well. If you put some double back tape on the window sills and the corners of the room, it might capture them and you can see where they are coming in.

Also check the vents. If you think they are coming in through there, stretch some old panty hose over the grate and that will keep them out, too.

It looks like some kind of a beetle. I would just spray with an insecticide.