Identifying Farm Implement?

I work as a volunteer archeologist and discovered this interesting tool over the weekend. The curved piece is just a metal band, but I am curious what the trapezoid shaped object is. It's 16" at it widest and is about 1/16" thick. Does anyone here have an idea what it may be?



Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

November 10, 20200 found this helpful

From what I can see from the picture the triangle piece you are asking about does not look like it could be used to dig or even cut with because it really looks way to thick. This looks more like a piece that belonged to another piece of equipment that was used as a stand to help support the blade when it was in the sitting position. There are many images of hand does and machines that tuned the ground for planting. Each time you look at one of these pieces of equipment there is a piece such as you are asking about that was in the middle of the arm that they could put the plow down and it would not fall over.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Next >︎
Consumer Advice Collectibles Vintage and Antique Farm EquipmentNovember 9, 2020
Christmas Ideas!
Coronavirus Tips
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-11-10 17:13:29 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.