Identifying a Bump on Dog's Head?

My 2 1/2 month old Pit Bull recently got this bump on his head. It doesn't hurt him or anything. I am just trying to figure out what it is.

Poor pup!! Always best to have the vet check on any new lumps and bumps and not rely on what other say. I say this because we had a friend who recommended we not bother with a lump on my sister dog because "beagles get lumps and bumps." We did NOT listen and she had a tumor that needed to be removed. She is fine, but had we waited, we would not have had a good outcome.

Prayers it is nothing, but safety first!!

Post back what you learn!

Awaaaaah look at that cute face! He should get checked out by a Vet! You would want to know that your fur baby is o k! Best to be sure!

To tell you the truth it is best to get it checked out by a vet. This could be a number of different things but only a vet can tell you what it actually is.

Tumors are present on a lot of dog that need to be removed for the safety of the animal. I would make an appointment as soon as you can and have your vet take a look at this for you.

Some dogs have a natural bony protuberance in the center of their heads called an "occiput". If that is what it is it would have come on gradually as your dog grew, not as an overnight growth.

Pets Dogs HealthApril 5, 2020
📓
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Bump-on-Dogs-Head.html