DollsCollectibles

Identifying a Porcelain Doll

I am having a hard time finding information on this porcelain doll. I can not read the last name on her back. Can anyone be of help? Maybe Cynthia? 374/1500

It says Cynthia Moran. It is one of 1500 dolls. The doll at this link is for sale. It is also a Cynthia Moran doll and the asking price is $75. www.holidays.net/.../Cynthia-Moran-Porcelain-Collectors...

It is a Cynthia Moran doll and the price $75 sounds about right. This doll was created based on the fashion of the time it was created to celebrate multicultural values and a more expressive face than other doll vintage years.

Hi,

This really isn't an answer, but I am glad that the doll was able to be identified. This is a very pretty doll.

Blessings,

Robyn

I see the signature and it has me puzzled as I have never heard of this brand or artist and I sold dolls for years in various retail establishments. The sticker on the foot is even more bizarre as I am used to a name or country being embossed on the foot, not a sticker.

She unusual and very detailed and I wonder if the doll is from an obscure, independent doll maker or was a kit doll. Meaning someone assembled and dressed her as part of a class or bought the pieces at a craft shop and assembled her at home.

Dolls with unusual expressions often have value in today's market, but to assign that value, I would need more info.

I did not see if cybergrannie weighed in, she has a site she likes for ID ing dolls, that may be faster than I would be.

For me to do it I would need any history on her? Where did you get her? Are you the original owner? What is her hair made from? Are the clothes handstitched, how is she assembled? How tall is she? Are the eye lashes material or painted?

I want to learn more as she is so unique. Post back with any info you can provide! Thanks for sharing her!

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsFebruary 8, 2019
🎂
🌻
🎃