Identifying a Porcelain Doll

I would like to find out who the creator of this doll is and if it has any value. I could only find a number on the head. The clothing has metal snaps, so I presume it's not as old as I thought.

Thank you.

Best Answer

The head of the doll and the number on the head is from a mold or doll kit. They normally identify the molds or heads from the kits with numbers like this one. If the doll clothes have metal snaps on them I would say a person has made this doll either in a doll class or at home from a kit. I do not think you will find out much about this doll unless you run across another doll kit that has the same head and instructions for making the doll at home. You might want to try and take this to a craft store to see if anyone recognizes the kit that it came from. A lot of craft stores back in the 80s to 90s held classes and someone might recognize this kit.

Best Answer

Double check your doll against the numerous photos on line. I believe this is Yolanda's Picture Perfect Babies by Edwin M. Knowles. I think the doll is from 1998. I haven't seen one sell lately. People ask between $5 and $25. The higher amount would be pristine in the box with all the original paperwork.

Post back if you agree! Thanks for sharing!!

Yes! It is an Edwin Knowles doll..."Yolanda Bello"
1989
Thank you

Yay!! Glad I could help!

Best Answer

Pghgirl is correct as usual. Yolanda Bello - Jessica
This is a really cute doll but there must have been a very high number made as she is so plentiful it looks like you could buy her for $5 plus shipping or I see several less that $10 and free shipping which of course means the seller is 'paying' to sell their doll.

These are located on so many sites that it would be rather dumb to even try to list her for sale. No insult meant but I think you could probably receive more 'cash' if you could sell her at a yard sale.

Just on eBay site there are 118 of this doll listed for sale with asking prices ranging from $5 to $50 and each doll will most likely be a little different - New in box - used -etc but each seller is trying to sell their doll for whatever they feel is right for them.
Not many will ever sell. Asking prices are just a price a seller would like to receive for their item as only a sold price will show 'current value' of an exact same item.

www.ebay.com/.../263825716075

Here is a link to eBay's sold listings so you can see for yourself what people are willing to pay. Check out the listings for conditions compared to yours.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Yolanda+Bello...

This is a doll kit that you can customize yourself, Here is a similar kit - www.ebay.com/.../293609059202?

wish i could help you-i just wanted to say how lovely your doll is,never seen anything like it x

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsJune 23, 2020
😷
🌻
🎃
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Porcelain-Doll-312.html