Identifying a Porcelain Doll

I have a porcelain doll that was given to me 46 years ago. I can find no markings on it whatsoever. Can someone please tell me about it or tell me where I can find out about it? I have tried many sites. She is 11 inches tall and did have a pearl necklace. She just sits in a box in my loft.

Best Answer

If your doll has no marking at all, the only way to find out who made it, when it was made, and if it is worth money is through an auction house. All auction houses have experts who specialize in one field or another. Please keep in mind many dolls that are mass produced won't have marking on the doll. However, that doesn't really mean that the doll isn't worth something.

The value of your doll will be determined by the supply and demand factor. This will depend on how many people are looking for this doll and how hard it has been to find it.

Without any other marking on the doll it is impossible to find the information you need online. If you are curious about your doll please call or visit an auction house in your area.

Thankyou

You will have to undress this doll to get identifying markers. They can be on the back, neck or feet. Once you have that, go to www.dollreference.com and start researching.

Nothing on neck or feet , she has a stitched on vest that doesnt undo and I dont really want to cut vest open

If there are no markings, it is probably mass-produced and not worth much. Dont waste your time.

I was offered £500 from an antique dealer about 15 years ago so may be worth something

Identifying a doll.

Step 1
Go over her with a magnifying glass look for markings perhaps there just small.

Step 2
Check the tags in her clothing for names or numbers.

Step 3
You need to find the manufacturer of the doll.

Step 4
Go to this link for pictures of dolls to identify https://dollreference.com/.

Thank you