Identifying a Silver Tray

Can anyone help me identify this tray? I am interested in its history, value, etc.

It is hard to make out, but I am wondering if it is Towle. I would take it to a dealer for a free appraisal.

The symbols do not look familiar (the ones I can make out look like a hammer and sickle, an "&" and a snake. Can't make out the 2nd one from the left.

Towle usually has a Lion or a T (although they have a large number of marks) but those are the marks of theirs I am most familiar with, so I am thinking it isn't theirs, but stranger things have happened.

Any reputable place that buys silver can give you information on the marks (at least ours can--I frequent Treasure Hunt).

If it is true sterling, which I with marks like that it frequently (but not always) is, these are usually worth more for scrap than for selling, unless you can determine if it is a vary rare pattern and in pristine condition (which yours does not appear to be pristine).

Silver is a tough market. It has been stable as of late. I like this site to get my info on the market values:

www.macrotrends.net/.../historical-silver-prices-100-year...

Right now, I tell people unless they need the money fast, to hold on and wait for silver to increase again.

due to the quality of the images I would if I were you consider going to an antiques dealer and seeing what they think